- Posted June 2, 2014 by
- Tips for Avoiding Pet Food Risks
- Hound & Gatos Pet Foods Corporation Awarded "2015 Most Trusted Pet Foods" Award
- 10 Biggest Scams and Mistakes the IRS Sees as Red Flags
- 10 Foods to Help Protect Your Body's Largest Organ - Your Skin
- Guardians of Rescue Place Rescue Dog as Service Dog with Local Veteran for Christmas
The Aquaponic Source Announces the Aquaponics Fest 2014
According to the National Gardening Association, approximately 33 million households have food gardens at home in the United States. Many people are beginning to get into aquaponic gardening, which involves raising fish and plants together in a sustainable fashion. In celebration of aquaponic gardening, especially for homes and schools, Aquaponics Fest 2014 will take place at The Aquaponic Source’s Education and Research Center in Longmont, CO, on August 9–10, 2014.
“Aquaponics Fest is a great event for anyone, whether you are new to the aquaponics community or looking to expand into this style of gardening,” explains Sylvia Bernstein, president of The Aquaponic Source, and author of the award-winning book “Aquaponic Gardening: A Step-By-Step Guide to Raising Vegetables and Fish Together” (New Society Publishers, October 2011). “There are activities for people of all ages to participate in throughout the weekend, including a benefit dinner and auction for our new foundation, Grants for Plants.”
Aquaponics Fest 2014 brings lovers of aquaponics together in one big outdoor festival, celebrating both home and school-based aquaponic gardening. Attendees can expect:
· Fascinating Speakers
· 28 Workshops and Presentations
· Adult & Youth Contests
· Fun Games and Demonstrations
· Fabulous Food Trucks, vendors, and much more.
Aquaponics Fest 2014 will be held August 9th and 10th, 2014, from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. at 1860 Lefthand Circle, Suite E, Longmont, Colorado.
Discounted advanced-purchase ticket pricing is as follows:
· Adult 2-Day ticket: $95.00
· Adult 1-Day ticket: $60.00
· Student/Youth 2-Day ticket: $50.00
· Student/Youth 1-Day ticket: $30.00
“Ten percent of all festival proceeds, plus all net proceeds from the Farm-to-Table Benefit Dinner & Silent Auction at Ollin Farms, will go toward establishing our new foundation, Grants for Plants,” adds Bernstein. “Grants for Plants will help to raise funds so teachers can bring aquaponics to their schools and teach children about the importance of sustainability, green living and our ecosystems to improve our lives and lifestyles.”
To find out more go to AquaponicsFest2014.