- Posted June 2, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
First Person: Your essays
Fun Things To Do In Maui
Hawaii has always been known as the perfect tropical getaway for millions of tourists who have been there or are still planning on having their dream holiday there. There are actually eight main islands in Hawaii you can choose to have your vacation in. But Maui stands out as one of the best islands here to have a great, unforgettable and fun vacation or holiday in.
Cool And Enjoyable Things To Do In Maui
If you’re on a vacation in or still going on a once-in-a-lifetime holiday in Maui, you should prepare a checklist of the great and fun things you can do here. Your holiday won’t be complete if you don’t engage in or do these fun and awesome activities:
1. Swim in and lounge around the glorious beaches. Maui has more than 80 accessible beautiful beaches. But the best beaches you definitely have to take a dip and sunbathe in include the D.T. Fleming Beach Park, Kaanapali Beach, Kapalua Beach, Wailea Beach and Maluaka Beach.
2. See the splendid sunrise and sunset. You can have the best view of these amazing sceneries from atop the Haleakalā, aboard a cruise sailing down Lahaina or even if you’re just lolling around one of the fabulous beaches in Maui.
3. Surf or ride the waves. If you want to try surfing for the first time or if you want hone your surfing skills, the beaches here would be perfect for you. If you’re looking to engage in a bit “tamer” water activity, you can ride the waves via a rhino chaser or a little bodyboard or skimboard.
4. Go snorkeling or scuba diving. Explore the magnificent underwater life and scene of Maui through these activities.
5. Visit or go hiking through the Iao Valley State Park, Wainapanapa State Park, Haleakalā National Park and some of the historic towns here such as Paia.
6. Travel down the Road to Hana. No visit to Maui can be complete without a road trip through this world-famous highway.
7. Visit the Seven Sacred Pools.
8. Take a dip in the several gorgeous waterfalls.
9. Go whale watching. You can head on to Ka’anapali Beach to see these majestic creatures in action
10. Visit the vineyards of the Tedeschi Winery and drink some pineapple sparkling wine. You can also drink a glass (or two) of POG (pass-o-guava) nectar – a cool concoction of passion fruit, orange, and guava juices.
11. Sample the following Maui authentic dishes or delicacies: Maui Gold Pineapple, Hawaiian sweet bread, Maui fish taco made with wahoo, Spam musubi (Spam maki/sushi), macadamia nut pancakes and even a Maui onion.
12. Lastly, no visit to the Valley Isle can be complete without experiencing a Maui Luau. You can end your fabulous holiday memorably with a fantastic Hawaiian luau.