- Posted June 3, 2014 by
Watertown, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- But Trump Can Win! Supporters Don't Care What Government Will Do; As Long As Their Side is in Power and Wins!
- Americans Are Tired of Hearing that "No Wrong - Doing Was Found"
- The US Will Investigate Its Own Human Rights Abuses After Admitting to Hypocrisy After Pressing Cuba on their Abuses
- GOP to Voters: "I'm not Hillary Clinton. And psss...She's Really Bad
- Megyn Kelly vs. Trump's Remarks Exposes GOP’s Own Hypocrisy and ‘War on Women’
Where are the Liberal's Calls for 'Knife Control' Laws With All The Deaths By Knife?
- zdan, CNN iReport producer
But weren't half of those killed, killed by knife?
Here, on CNN's front page, we see a young 12, was stabbed 19 times.
In Brooklyn, NY, we see two young children were stabbed in their apartment building elevator by a man as they were headed out to get ice cream.
Where are the calls for 'knife control'? Or poison control? Or car and driver laws that make it illegal to run over bicyclists in a crosswalk?
Are more laws the answer? Shouldn't we have better background checks before we issue a gun to a mentally unstable person?
What's reasonable is not possible in an atmosphere of distrust by the citizens of the U.S. of the motives of their government.
What Edward Snowden has done is pulled the curtain back on what our government has been doing in secrecy against their own citizens. And government wants people to trust them as they suggest restricting gun sales and possession?
Change that first and then, maybe, people may be willing to tell you they have a gun.
Our hearts go out collectively to the victim's families of these horrific crimes.
But until we properly fund mental health again as we once did in our country to help identify and treat those with this illness, the violence will continue.
Apparently, the cost of a few deaths due to violence verses the cost of funding mental health hasn't reached the critical tipping point for our lawmakers yet.
Knife control laws, anyone?