- Posted June 4, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- Montreal suffers through broken water mains, ice box temperatures
- Large Buenos Aires demonstration against police murder of teen
- Lit up Holiday Train thrills hundreds in upstate New York, continues to US mid-west
- 64th Montreal Santa Claus Parade charms thousands
- Thousands of Montrealer's in March for Climate
Severe storm floods Montreal streets
A severe lightning and rain storm drenched the West Island area of the City of Montreal, in Quebec, Canada on Tuesday afternoon, June 3, 2014. More than an inch of water fell inundating storm drains, turning streets and roads into rivers and small lakes.
The tempest disrupted the evening commute, resulting in power outages to some 3,000 people, primarily caused by fallen trees. There were no reported casualties, but many wet people, including this iReporter.