- Posted June 6, 2014 by
Elmont, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Your 1960s rides
- Glen Cove Hospital in the city where I live is preparing a state of art center for Ebola Treatment..
- Community Garden in Coney Island raises H--- at Halloween!
- Chocolate Coffin Anyone? For Halloween?
- "It's Your Holiday!" The story of Midnite and Chirpee Girl..
- Need a haircut? This is the guy to go to..He Kutz Wit Skillz!
My boyfriend's 1966 Chevelle!
In 1967 if a guy had a car, the girls went out with him. You always went looking for the cute guys with the car. At least that was true in my neighborhood on LI, NY.
And not all the guys had a car. You had to work really hard to acquire a car.
This was my boyfriend's car, a 1966 Chevelle SS 396. It was considered a muscle car, which made it all the more interesting.
He had a job pumping gas at a local Amaco while he was still in high school.
I liked him for more than his car, but the car made him even better..:) That's him in #4- Wasn't he cute?
We are still friends today..
The photos are blurry cause that was the kind of cameras we had..
June 6, 2104.