- Posted June 9, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
The maker movement
My husband & I make a great team, when it comes to our creations. He's the technical/builder and I'm the artistic. We created each one of these pieces together except one.
Pics are as follows
1. The JFK Jr.. gold silhouette, for the 50th anniversary. A wood cutout and life size. Thin pipes on the back, allowed the piece to stand by itself. We also arrange the thin pipes to be one pipe. So we could place the wood cut out into the ground, at Dealey Plaza. The cutout was at the JFK Memorial, for two days. Then we moved the piece into the plaza. Where it stayed for two more days.
2. Custom built entertainment center. The entertainment center I liked was in a magazine from New York, and way out of our price range. My hubby said he would try to build it. I redesigned the piece making the angles more dramatic. My hubby drew the design using auto cad. The program helped figure out all the dimensions.
3. Only piece I created by myself. A custom facebook cover image for, Big Tex Grief Support Group. I've made other custom FB cover images, but this is my favorite.
4. Texas Stadium Implosion. Tom Landry piece. My hubby made wood cutout, silhouette of Landry. I retrieved core from the concrete pillars of Texas Stadium. (This was before the implosion) We crushed some of the core into smaller rocks. Placing the rocks into the Landry silhouette. Painted the large board blue. Added a large piece of the core to the lower right side of the board. Used blue ties and make them into a shape of a star. We went to a VIP party for the stadium and have everybody, that was a VIP, sign it. Including Mrs. Landry & her son.
5. Mardi Gras mask made-up of playing cards. I think we may have used 3 decks. This mask won best mask at Mardi Gras here in my city.
6. Our one and only attempt at cake decorating. For my parents 50th wedding anniversary. My mom said the cake looked like our entertainment center.