- Posted June 8, 2014 by
Watertown, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- The GOP Tries to Sink Another Iran Deal; It's Not the First Time. Remember Reagan’s Deal with Iran? Our Coup? The Shah" No? You Must Be Republican
- $15 an Hour in NY? Where's the Outrage Over Corporate America's Continuous 'Raises'? Fast Food's Raise Will Leverage Hike for All Workers in America
- Still Not Lovin' It - McDonald's Profits Fall for Seventh Straight Quarter-The 'Golden Rule' May Help the Golden Arches
- The "White Flag of Surrender" is the Only Confederate Flag that Should Matter- Years of Continued Racism in America
- Main Stream Media Defends GOP Hopefuls from Trump - Exposing the Two Party System for What It Is- Corrupt and Bought
Young Viewers Avoid Fox News Like the Plague as Ratings Drop 30%
Young people are pretty smart as a group.
And we have much to be hopeful for when these new college graduates finally can take the reins away from the old guard- that is as soon as they can get a job to afford to pay their student loan, buy a home and car, and raise a family of their own.
Most young people see who it is, which party, that won't change the way they pay back their student debt. They see this party as being against job creation in intelligent ways and no longer believe as their parents did that only the private sector creates good paying jobs.
Young people understand that government research fuels the private sector growth but that's been cut at the hands of one particular political party.
And who do they see as the propaganda arm and network of those that work against America's middle class?
Yes, FOX has some good shows, but that's there entertainment arm.
So who does FOX have as viewers?
Old people, and many conservative wealthy folks.
I'm sure the Kochs watch FOX News.
GOP Television is on the decline.
Will the Republican Party try to stem the bleeding of viewers from FOX by now legislating more restrictive measures on the voting habits of 'anything but FOX' viewers?
They already have by now, not allowing students to use their college ID cards as proof at the pools; by eliminating polling places at colleges in conservative states.
Young people are watching.
Now, if we can just get these same young people to forego their next IPhone 6 purchases as a means of protesting APPLE until APPLE builds a manufacturing facility here in the USA, we'll have some good paying jobs and manufacturing back in our country.
"TVNewser reported on the big drop in young people tuning into Fox News, “Compared to 2012, Fox News was down -5% in total viewers and -19% in the A25-54 demographic in total day. In primetime, the network was down -14% in total viewers and -30% in the demo, the steepest decline among younger viewers of all the cable news networks.”
2012 was a presidential election year, so all three cable news networks lost viewers in 2013. The difference is that at Fox News this problem has been going on for years. The move of Megyn Kelly to 9 PM was supposed to attract young viewers, but Kelly suffered a drop 23% in young viewership compared to Sean Hannity’s 2012 ratings. Bill O’Reilly is down 23% with younger viewers, and Hannity is down 16%."
All good things come to progressives that wait.
Out takes from: