- Posted June 10, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Phl gov’t condemns killing of broadcaster
Presidential Communications Operations Office Secretary Herminio Coloma, Jr., said Tuesday the Philippine National Police has been directed to “exert all efforts to arrest the assailants and to bring them to the bar of justice”.
The government also expressed its openness to cooperate with all the concerned sectors to give justice to Baculo.
“We would like to work closely with the National Press Club and other organizations through the operation of Administrative Order No. 35, which is an inter-agency body created on orders of the President to facilitate the arrest and prosecution of suspects in media killings,” Coloma said.
Baculo, 67, had hosted the program “Isumbong Mo Kay Ka Nilo” (Tell It To Nilo) at the local radio station dwIM in Calapan.
He filed a petition in 2008, requesting court protection after discovering a plot to kill him.
The case was elevated to the Supreme Court, which granted him temporary protection. It was however remanded to the Court of Appeals, which denied Baculo’s plea for failing to prove that his life was in danger.