- Posted June 10, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Unemployment rate drops, says Phl
“We share the optimism that these positive indicators bode well for a higher GDP growth rate in the succeeding quarters,” Presidential Communications Operations Office Secretary Herminio Coloma, Jr. said.
The National Economic Development Authority (NEDA) has reported that the unemployment rate dropped to 7 percent in April 2014 from 7.6 percent in the same month last year.
It said underemployment improved as well to 18.2 percent from 19.2 percent over the same period.
“This growth has brought about a total of 1.7 million additional employed persons. According to NEDA Secretary (Arsenio) Balisacan, the improvement in employment is broad-based, covering agriculture, industry, and the services sectors,” Coloma added.
The Philippines’ GDP for the first quarter of the year was registered at 5.7 percent.