- Posted June 10, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Volcano in Phl threatens to erupt
Albay Governor Joey Sarte Salceda said counter-measures have also been put in place as the volcano continues exhibiting abnormal activity
In a press statement, Salceda said they have hired a new sanitary engineer to focus on evacuation centers.
He said he believes that water and sanitation in evacuation centers will be the problem in any eventuality.
Earlier, the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs) recorded rockfall event in Mayon Volcano.
Alex Baloloy, Phivolcs science and research analyst, said they are warning the public to avoid activities within the six-kilometer Permanent Danger Zone (PDZ) due to deflationary changes.
The seismic network first recorded two volcanic earthquake on Saturday aside from the moderate emission of white steam plumes from the crater.
Mayon's alert status remains at Alert Level 1, which means that it is in abnormal condition.