- Posted June 11, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Phl honors SoKor for humanitarian acts
“Bakas Parangal Award” in three categories – “Kadakilaan, Kabayanihan and Kagitingan” – is a recognition bestowed by the National Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (NDRRMC) to individuals or groups that provide exemplary services during times of calamities and disaster.
The award is a reminder that what they done in helping victims of disaster do not only save lives but also change lives.
The Araw Contingent is currently in the province of Leyte helping in the rehabilitation of damaged public infrastructures like school buildings and other local government unit structures.
The contingent is focusing its rehabilitation work at the municipalities of Palo, Tanauan and Tolosa repairing elementary school buildings and local government structures, including hospitals.
”South Korean government is one of the first foreign governments that immediately responded to the request of the Philippine government for international aid after typhoon Yolanda devastated provinces in the central part of the country,” Gazmin said.
He added: “With this, the Philippine government and its people are thanking the South Korean military contingents in their exemplary heroism, kindness and bravery that marks and appreciated by victims of typhoon Yolanda.”