- Posted June 11, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Pacquiao to sponsor amateur boxing in Phl
Pacquiao said he started his boxing career as an amateur fighter under the Digos team.
”And since it is an amateur boxing tournament, I decided to hold it in Digos that reminds of my good memories as a boxer,” Pacquiao said on Wednesday through a representative.
ABAP Executive Director Ed Picson held a meeting with Davao del Sur officials headed by Governor Claude Bautista and Pacquiao’s representative Luisito Tinagsa.
Tinagsa will act as a competition manager of the annual tournament which drew the best of the best amateur boxers in the country.
Bautista thanked Pacquiao for supporting the amateur boxing.
”We are honored by the gesture of congressman Pacquiao,” Baustista said.
Bautista said the ABAP national boxing championship will coincide with the 47th anniversary celebration of Davao del Sur.
”Davao del Sur will be ready to warmly welcome all the participants, officials and spectators,” Bautista said.