- Posted June 11, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Ranking terrorist leader captured in Manila
Intelligence Service of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (ISAFP) commander Major Gen. Eduardo Ano confirmed the arrest of Khair Mundos during an operation in San Isidro, Paranaque City.
Ano said the operation was conducted by Army intelligence operatives at around 9:45 in the morning.
He said that incessant military pressure in Southern Philippines prompted Mundos to flee and seek shelter with his relatives in Metro Manila.
Ano also clarified that the ASG leader has no plans to conduct bombing attacks in Metro Manila.
The ISAFP chief pointed out that the ASG leader's capture has a huge impact on the terrorist organization as Mundos is considered their bravest operative and known to lead bombing operations.
"He (Mundos) has good standing in the ASG and is even considered one of their spiritual leaders. Those people lost one of their leaders," Ano said.
He said Mundos has direct links with Jemaah Islamiyah and Al-Qaeda terrorist organizations.
US authorities have placed a USD500,000 reward for Mundos' capture and arrest.