- Posted June 12, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Phl to allocate best teachers in rural areas
Rep. Sherwin Gatchalian of Valenzuela City) city said the measure grants a four-year full time scholarship to deserving students who will take up teacher education.
Gatchalian stressed the lack of teachers in rural areas, which affects the quality of education, especially in the public schools, has prompted him to propose incentives for students enrolling in teacher education.
He said the Philippines was among those countries that failed to reach their Year 2015 targets on the Millennium Development Goals of Education for All.
"One of the goals set is for our country to improve on the quality of our education. It simplifies the four strategies to achieve this and one of which is to overcome the inequalities in learning by allocating the best teachers to rural areas," Gatchalian said.
The bill provides for an annual selection through appropriate examinations and screening process of those who shall be admitted to the Teacher Education Program (Program).
The measure states that the candidates shall be chosen from among the qualified secondary graduates whether from the private or public schools and that the qualified and selected scholars shall be granted scholarship to enroll in a teacher education course.
The lawmaker said the proposed scholarship covers expenses for matriculation and other school fees, prescribed textbooks, supplies and equipment, clothing and uniform allowances and other related miscellaneous expense.