- Posted June 12, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Travel photo of the day
- A Koto Performance on the Noh Stage of the Yasaka Shrine in Kyoto. Pt.2
- A Koto Performance on the Noh Stage of the Yasaka Shrine in Kyoto. Pt.1
- A Shamisen Performance on the Noh Stage of the Yasaka shrine in Kyoto.
- Traditional Japanese Fan Dance at the Noh stage of Yasaka Shrine.
- Otemoyan (おてもやん) Dance at the Noh Stage of Yasaka Shrine.
Sakura Nostalgia Kyoto: Sewari-tei River Bank in Yawata.
A little while ago I got myself an off road mountain bike and have used it as part of my exercise routine. One of the goals I had set was to cycle along the Kizu River to Arashiyama. I live very close to this river and it has a nice cycling road along its banks. The trip is about 30 some kilometres one way. Towards the ned of the first week of April I had a day off and the sun was shining. I set of quit early and my first destination was a small embankment not so far from my house. It's a small path next to the cycling road that dips a little and then meets up with the cycling road again. It is lined on both sides with sakura trees and a favourite spot with many people.