- Posted June 13, 2014 by
Team iReport featured this story
- WOOFSTOCK Malibu, Actors Brad Garrett and Joseph Reitman, Benefiting Healthcare for Homeless Animals
- Kevin & Lily Costner's Duet "Let Me Be The One" ...Celebrating Father's Day
- Jurassic World's Cool Cat Jack Horner... Walk with the Dinosaurs
- SCANDAL Storms House Of Blues, Sunset Strip
- Elephant Seals Rescue and Release Malibu, California
Dick Van Dyke, Martin Sheen and Garrison Keillor on Fatherhood
- zdan, CNN iReport producer
I had the opportunity to ask three extraordinary fathers, Radio Host and author Garrison Keillor (A Prairie Home Companion), Actor Dick Van Dyke, and Actor Martin Sheen "How has Fatherhood Changed Your Life?" at Diesel A Bookstore in Malibu, California last week. Their answers are touching and heart felt.
The courtyard overflowed as nearly 150 locals and visitors came to hear Keillor speak. This was a rare opportunity to enjoy Keillor’s enchanting stories and dry wit in an intimate setting. He told nostalgic tales of his childhood, family and the path that led him to his NPR radio show, “A Prairie Home Companion,” which is celebrating its 40th year on the air.
An introduction from Dick Van Dyke set the tone for the evening. Keillor began with songs, “God Bless America", "America the Beautiful” and “We Love You Richard,” (dedicated to Dick Van Dyke) along with a duet with Martin Sheen, “How Can I Keep From Singing?” all while the sun set on this warm summer evening.
This video is just a small window into this magical evening. It's dedicated to all fathers, especially my own, and the men in this video who have worked hard to be the best fathers they could, learning along the way.