- Posted June 13, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Photo essays: Your stories in pictures
- Governor Quinn, Please Help NEIU LGBT community!
- NEIU Board and President Disregards Discrimination Concerns of LGBT African American Student
- Overcoming University Induced Homophobia
- NEIU Board of Trustees Embrace Homophobic Leader Over Student Safety
- Protest at McDonalds HQ over Olympic Sponsorship
NEIU students protest homophobia
- zdan, CNN iReport producer
Two protests happened on the main campus on Northeastern Illinois University over the homophobic Lech Walesa name on a campus building.
For over a year, students and staff have been trying to communicate with the NEIU President Sharon Hahs and the Board of Trustees to remove the name after Lech Walesa's homophobic bigoted comments last spring.
When served with petitions and direction communication failed with the Board and Hahs, students finally had enough.
These are the first of many more protests until the name is removed from the building. An open sore on the NEIU name and reputation.
More videos can be seen. http://youtu.be/PC22VCk_GwU