- Posted June 13, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
China occupies 2 Philippine reefs?
It was reported that aside from the three reefs previously mentioned by President Benigno Aquino III, namely Mabini, Calderon and Gaven, there are two other reefs allegedly being occupied by China.
"That I will have to check with our military. I also...I am aware of the reports. The President did mention, pretty recently, about movements that have been monitored in Calderon --- Calderon Reef," Deputy Presidential Spokesperson Abigail Valte told a press conference in Malacanang Palace.
Valte, however, said she is not quite certain about the other two (reefs) that have been mentioned, "but we will check with the military."
On the activities of China in those reefs, Valte said that apparently they are very aggressive in pursuing their expansion in the West Philippine Sea and, obviously, these steps are designed to advance the theory of their "nine-dash line".
Valte pointed out that the Philippines has chosen the legal, the political, as well as the diplomatic route.
"We will stick to that. Again, we will not respond to provocative acts," she pointed out.