- Posted June 14, 2014 by
Team iReport featured this story
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- Officer Spock has left the Planet Earth
- Why Lawmakers as Lawbreakers or Law Manipulators are exempt from Judicial Review?
- My Humble Request to Members of Dysfunctional Congress who seems to be “Wolves in the Sheep’s Clothing”.
- Churches, Temples, and Mosques are reminder of Medieval Era frozen in time.
- Rudolph William Louis “Rudy” Giuliani, Whose side are you on?
New Trump Sign in Chicago
- Jareen, CNN iReport producer
I really do not know what all the fuss is about the new Trump sign which you can see when driving into Chicago from East, West and South except from North of the city. There are signs on buildings everywhere within few blocks of Trump Towers and no one has ever complained. I spotted Chicago Tribune, Kemper, Hotel Monaco, Morton Steak House, Fidelity, Chicago Theater, Oriental Theater and Westin on side and top of the buildings and off course, there are many more throughout the downtown. Even the Sun Times had a sign at the present location of Trump Towers before moving to new location.
Whatever the intentions are behind the huge sign, I really don’t mind the bold sign on the building. So what if Donald Trump is all about branding his name and wants to license his name overseas as well, it is all good business practice and marketing stunt. Let’s not forget the beautiful architecture which is one of the top hotel and condominium in Chicago and continue to bring steady business for the City.
I understand that many people were annoyed by Donald Trump for his repeated frivolous claims for birth certificate of the President of the United States which only made Trump look bad in public eyes, especially most Chicagoans.
In my opinion, it is time to let go the grudges since Presidential election is history and move on with our lives.