- Posted June 14, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Philippine senator: Am ready to be jailed!
Revilla issued the statement Saturday morning in an interview over dzRH Radio-Manila in connection with the plunder and graft charges filed against him by the Ombudsman at the Sandiganbayan.
“I will not go into hiding. I will surrender. I will submit myself to authorities once the Sandiganbayan orders my arrest,” Revilla told dzRH Radio.
The actor-turned-politician along with co-accused Senators Juan Ponce Enrile and Jinggoy Estrada reportedly made millions out of his priority development assistance funds.
Reports said Revilla, Enrile and Estrada used the nongovernment organizations (NGOs) put up by businesswoman Janet Lim-Napoles, the alleged mastermind in the P10-billion pork barrel scam, in making kickbacks.
Within the next 10 days, the Sandiganbayan is expected to issue warrants of arrest against the accused senators.