- Posted June 14, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Phl to farmers: We’ll distribute your lands
Some farmer groups said the expiration of the law will affect land distribution in the country and especially poor farmers who rely on parcels of land they till.
In a radio interview Saturday over state-run dzRB Radyo ng Bayan (People’s Radio), Deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte said the President certified the CARP extension bill as urgent but Congress failed to act on it.
Despite this development however, Valte said the Department of Agrarian Reform (DAR) continues to issue Notices of Coverage for the land distribution.
What is important is the issuance of Notices of Coverage for lands covered by CARP and despite the expiration on June 30 this year, land acquisition and distribution could continue, she said.
Valte said the delay could be attributed to the long list of farmer-beneficiaries and DAR is in a hurry in publishing the Notice of Coverage in different newspapers.
The Palace official said the public could view at the DAR's website how many hectares of land were already processed by the department and also the number of Notices of Coverage that have been issued. DAR's website is www.dar.gov.ph.
Farmers should not worry, she said, noting the efforts being made by DAR for the program to benefit the people.