About this iReport
  • Not verified by CNN

  • Click to view Kamiryn's profile
    Posted June 15, 2014 by
    Buffalo, Texas
    This iReport is part of an assignment:
    Breaking news: Share your story

    A Failing System And The Children Whom Are Left Battered Emotionally, Mentally, And Physically.

    Summer of 2012 I decided to end a four year relationship with my ex. I decided to move and let him keep our apartment so that he would have a stable place when our son visit him. My ex decided that he was no longer going to abide by our court ordered agreement and failed to return my son to me. It has been 2 years and I have not seen my son since he was 15 months. I recently learned my ex had molested my 7 year old daughter during a summer visit which she was 5 then. Between this information being bought to light my ex fled the state with my son and has basically been hiding my son. I was informed he had returned to freestone county Texas in December of 2013. I had an officer escort me to his residence to retrieve my son with my court order in hand which also stated that:" any officer of the court may use reasonable efforts to enforce the terms of child custody as specified in the terms of the court order". The officer refused to make my ex return my son based on my ex telling him that I was lying he had custody. When the officer ask him for his court documents my ex went inside and got a few papers he printed off Facebook of several arguments we had. Then the officer turned to me and said "this is a civil matter you need to get a lawyer. I have been back and forth with district judge of Freestone County Texas, Shirley Mayes, the D.A Chris Martin, Chief of police, Cox, Sherriff Anderson, Detective Shipley, Aldridge, officer Robert Ryne, And many others, all of freestone County Texas And Teague police department, to try and get someone to help me retrieve my son. I got half of the officers saying o yea we will make him give your son back as long as you have a copy of that court order and it specifically states we can enforce. So I emailed and gave copies of the order and still nothing. My ex has been investigated by cps numerous times as well as failed drug test, and so has his mom. She was even arrested for child endangerment for hitting my son during a fight she had with my ex. They have both been reported for drug abuse and violence in the home and still nothing has been done. I have gotten emails and calls from several of their family members for the concern of my son's well being and still no one has done anything to help protect him. In May of 2014 Ande Jones was arrested on two second degree felony charges of indecency with a child for what he had done to my daughter. When he bonded out he was told he can not be around any minor children under 18 not even our son. Cps was contacted and still no one has made contact with Ande his mom or my son. I have called the cps office in mexia Texas for the past few months and no one returns my calls or informs me of anything. I decided to go to the Cps office my self. I was told there was nothing they could do because my son has clothes and food and they see no reason for taking him out of the home, mind you they are aware that Ande does not have custody of my son and they to have a copy my our order. I am constantly being told to get a lawyer because this is a civil matter. I am being told to pay 5,000 dollars to a lawyer to get papers I already have. Where is the justice for my children? Why has it taken almost a year for Ande to be arrested for molesting my daughter? Why is it taking so long for the D.A. to present this case to the grand jury for an indictment? Where is the justice for my children? Why is cps going into the home to ask a few questions, write a quick report, then closing the case? What kind of investigating were they trained to do? What is a mother in my shoes to do, Take matters into my own hand?
    Add your Story Add your Story