- Posted June 15, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Filipinos in Iraq urged to return home
Calling through the state-run dzRB Radio-Manila, Presidential Communication Operations Office Secretary Herminio Coloma, Jr. told Filipinos in Iraq that their fare tickets would be shouldered by the government.
Jihadist militants in Iraq recently seized a large portion of northern Iraq.
There are an estimated 500 Filipinos working in Iraq, mostly in the American military bases in Baghdad, the capital.
“The DFA will also send rapid response team to help the voluntary repatriation of Filipinos in Iraq,” Coloma in an interview told dzRB Radio.
Coloma said that only Kurdistan, Iraq remains in the DFA Alert Level 1 or under precautionary phase.
The Communication Secretary also reiterated the government’s call for Filipinos working in Libya to undergo voluntary repatriation. Early this month, the DFA put Libya in Alert Level 3 due to the unrest brought by an ongoing civil war.