- Posted June 15, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Studies to continue, Phl tells scholars
Presidential Communication Operations Office Secretary Herminio Coloma, Jr. said the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) will make sure that their scholarship will not be disrupted.
“This is the duty of the Commission on Higher Education. It’s part of their annual program which is being funded by the national government,” said Coloma in a press briefing aired over the state-run dzRB Radio-Manila.
An estimated 100,000 scholars will be affected as Congress no longer include PDAF in the 2014 national budget.
Formerly, congressmen and senators receive PDAF in their respective annual budget for their “hard and soft projects.” Included in the “soft” projects are the scholarship programs and medical assistance.
Last year the Supreme Court declared the PDAF unconstitutional.