- Posted June 16, 2014 by
new rochelle, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Creating and Developing a Mobile App: Top Tips
Developing a mobile application can be a lot of fun, and with some creativity, hard work and the right knowledge and contacts, you’ll be able to sell your app and hopefully make a lot of money from it. However, in order to start making money from selling an app, you need to make sure that your app is loved by users all over the world! Here are some top tips for anybody who is creating and developing a mobile app.
1. Think about what your users want It’s extremely important in this kind of field to understand what users want, or you won’t be earning much money from the sale of your app. This is why so many app developers put a lot of importance on their users reviewing the app and telling them what they like and dislike about it. By using this information, they can make the app better or make alterations which will encourage more people to download the app and will make sure that loyal customers remain loyal. If you’re struggling to get opinions about your app and you’re trying to conduct some market research, offer freebies in order to bribe more people to try your app and tell you what they think.
2. Make it easy to use When you create your app, the design is very important. Reputed Companies such as Oxagile can help you with developing a good mobile app, and professionals will be able to give you even more top tips about how to make the design as appealing and user-friendly as possible. Without having a design that users feel they can easily navigate around, you won’t be very successful. You need to think about the fact that people who aren't as technologically-minded as others may be using your app, so keep things simple and don’t go for anything too sophisticated.
3. Is it useful for everyone? You’ll get many more downloads if you make the app available to as many different categories of people as possible. For example, if your app is developed so it’s available in more than one language, people from all corners of the world will be able to download and use it. If your app has a simple design, both old and young people will be able to use it, whether they’re experienced with using apps or not. Certain features will be useful for business people, whereas other features will be able to assist students with personal work.
4. Don’t overload While you need to make the app easily accessible and simple to use for as many people as possible, you should overload the app and have too many features going on all at once. People will download individual apps for all the things that they need, so if you have more than one brilliant idea, you should either find a great way to combine them or develop separate apps for each one. Focus on one particular thing and get it right, rather than trying a hundred different things for a while and not quite succeeding with any of them. While you might think that you’re creating one app with many different things involved in it, it won’t be very helpful for the users of the apps, and after all, you’re developing an app which will make their lives easier and be convenient for them.
5. Find some good contacts Apart from paying to get professionals to view and analyse what you’ve created so far, try to find as many good contacts as possible. You never know who you might meet, and you might find that you become good friends with somebody who can greatly help you with marketing the app once it’s been developed properly. Always be friendly and people will be much more willing to help you out, should you ever need assistance with anything. Talking to people who have developed apps in the past will enable you to pick up some good tips and advice, and you can use this as you create your own applications and in the future if you decide to make any more.
6. Make it current If you can create and develop a modern app which is useful for those who will be downloading it, there’s not much else left to do. People aren’t very interested in an app which seems outdated and old, which is why the top apps on the market available for download are forever updating their applications in a bid to help them remain modern. This is one of the reasons why you should put a lot of thought and effort into the design of the app, since a boring, plain and old look will have the opposite of the effect you desire, whereas something which looks current, modern and appealing will gain many more downloads!