- Posted June 16, 2014 by
Brooklyn, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Photo essays: Your stories in pictures
- Glen Cove Hospital in the city where I live is preparing a state of art center for Ebola Treatment..
- Community Garden in Coney Island raises H--- at Halloween!
- Chocolate Coffin Anyone? For Halloween?
- "It's Your Holiday!" The story of Midnite and Chirpee Girl..
- Need a haircut? This is the guy to go to..He Kutz Wit Skillz!
Coney Island Mermaid Parade float!
The Mermaid parade is the largest art parade in the nation. It's a magical celebration of history, mythology, imagination and art interpretation. Everyone can dress up as a mermaid or sea creature and it also acknowledges the long time residents who live on Mermaid and Neptune avenues in Coney.
It's an amazing parade, with lots of celebrities, artists, costumes and people out and about dressing up and having fun for an afternoon. And there is a Mermaid Ball afterwards at MCU park.
If I attend, I will go with my friend as the duo from the old Hollywood classic "Mr Peabody and the mermaid." But I am not certain of my costume yet..
The parade is scheduled for June 21, 2014.
#4-Is one of the characters from the spook house.
Photos by Linda Glovach.
June 16, 2014.