- Posted June 16, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Phl approves emergency medical care system
Substituting House Bills 402 and 1489, House Bill 4577 seeks to create a responsive and organized pre-hospital and emergency care system to address emergency cases brought by natural and man-made calamities.
Rep. Eufranio Eriguel of La Union Province sponsored and defended the measure at the plenary hall.
"The policy of the State is to protect and promote the right to health of the people and shall endeavor to cultivate and maintain an environment conducive to the practice of pre-hospital emergency care, maximizing the capability and potential of Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs) and other pre-hospital care professionals in the country, and institute a standard system of pre-hospital emergency medical services in the country," Eriguel said.
Aside from the development and institutionalization of a pre-hospital emergency medical service system at the national and local levels, the measure creates a National Pre-hospital Care Council (NPCC) under the Department of Health (DOH).
Pre-Hospital Emergency Care is an independent delivery of pre-hospital emergency medical services by appropriately trained and certified EMTs, usually in a mobile or community setting, in full accordance with the National Pre-hospital Emergency Medical Treatment Protocols established by the Council.
The NPCC is mandated to supervise, control and regulate the practice of pre-hospital care professionals.