- Posted June 16, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Spate of crimes alarms Philippines
"What I can say is that the President takes a very serious and hands-on attitude when it comes to crime and police matters," Presidential Communications Operations Office Secretary Herminio Coloma, Jr. said.
Coloma was answering questions on the administration's response to the spate of crimes occurring in the country, including the recent killing of a town mayor in Pangasinan province and a police major in Quezon City.
"I have been with the President on several occasions and I have actually witnessed him call up a particular officer to inquire about an incident report or to make sure that a serious crime is being handled properly and with utmost urgency," Coloma said.
This is a matter of serious concern that should prompt our law enforcement authorities to boost their crime prevention efforts, he said.
The Palace official also called for intensified public vigilance, saying that effective crime prevention requires the people to cooperate with law enforcers.
"We ne police intelligence work to monitor the movements of criminal elements that have been under surveillance," he added.
The public has called for increased police visibility, following recent killings in the country.