- Posted June 17, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Phl issues HDOs vs 3 accused senators
Coloma said it is also upon the discretion of the Sandiganbayan (graft court) to issue warrants of arrest against the senators accused in the priority development assistance fund (PDAF) misuse.
According to Coloma, it is also up to the decision of the Sandiganbayan whether to grant the requests of some of the accused, such as Senator Jinggoy Estrada, that instead of detaining them in the detention cell built purposely in Camp Crame, Quezon City, it should just be a house arrest.
Likewise, Coloma said that they will wait for the decision of the House of Representatives on the House Bill creating a separate detention cell for the high-profile detainees while their case is pending because Congress is a separate and co-equal branch of government.