- Posted June 19, 2014 by
- Musharraf treason case: Names of judges who took Nov 3 oath given to court - See more at: http://www.saach.tv/2014/07/08/musharraf-treason-case-names-of-judges-who-took-nov-3-oath-given-to-courtmush-treason-names-of-judges-who-took-nov-3-oath-given-to-cou
- Give your story a titleKayani feared religious right’s backlash against him: Athar Abbas
- N League Supporter - Justice Nasir-ul-Mulk takes oath as new chief justice of Pakistan
- 'PPP to resist Qadri's movement against democracy'
- Qadri's APC demands Shahbaz Sharif's resignation
Supporters of preacher Tahir-ul-Qadri perform funeral prayers over coffins of fellow supporters killed during clashes with police in Lahore
The incident took place in Lahore’s Model Town area where police had arrived to remove barriers from Qadri’s home, as part of an anti-encroachment drive.
Over 100 people were injured during these clashes, including several riddled with bullet wounds lying in a hospital.
As tragic as this incident was, the aftermath was perhaps even worse. While mayhem took over in Lahore, Qadri sat in Canada claiming that, the Punjab Government, scared of his forthcoming visit to Pakistan, was instigating all this. He somehow also managed to link his support for the army and the North Waziristan operation to the attack against his party workers, seemingly saying that the PML-N government was getting back at him for that support.