- Posted June 19, 2014 by
- Musharraf treason case: Names of judges who took Nov 3 oath given to court - See more at: http://www.saach.tv/2014/07/08/musharraf-treason-case-names-of-judges-who-took-nov-3-oath-given-to-courtmush-treason-names-of-judges-who-took-nov-3-oath-given-to-cou
- Give your story a titleKayani feared religious right’s backlash against him: Athar Abbas
- N League Supporter - Justice Nasir-ul-Mulk takes oath as new chief justice of Pakistan
- 'PPP to resist Qadri's movement against democracy'
- Qadri's APC demands Shahbaz Sharif's resignation
Baton charge: Lahore incident condemned
QUETTA: Pakistan Awami Tehreek (PAT) and Pashtun Qaumi Tehreek (PQT) condemned the Lahore incident and have urged the party’s activists to remain alert in responding to any call from the central leadership for reaching Lahore and Karachi.
Addressing a joint press conference at the Quetta Press Club, the provincial head of PAT, Dr Ishtiaq Qadri and PQT’s chairman, Rafique Pashtun, claimed that the police not only attacked Minhajul Quran’s Secretariat but also killed innocent civilians and desecrated the Quran.
They maintained that PAT chief Tahirul Qadri’s house was attacked without a valid reason and activists were tortured and killed in sheer manifestation of state terrorism, adding that the barricades surrounding the secretariat were put up with the consent of the Lahore High Court.
Condemning the killings, they said that the act was regrettable and it proved the nervousness of Chief Minister Punjab Shahbaz Sharif and his allies.