- Posted June 19, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Phl to include curriculum on climate change
Two lawmakers on Thursday filed House Bill 4053, which seeks to eliminate prejudice and discrimination against indigenous people.
According to the authors, the country is divided into different regions with different cultures and there are indigenous communities with distinct cultures and traditions that should be respected and protected.
"There is a need to include a subject that will promote peace and solidarity among our people so that there will be more understanding of the ethnicity, customs and way of life of every cultural group," the authors stressed.
They also said there’s a need to include a subject that will promote peace and solidarity among our people so that there will be more understanding of the ethnicity, customs and way of life of every cultural group.
"It is in school where we learn the values of appreciating the diverse culture while respecting each culture's individuality and shaping the character of every human being," the authors further stressed.
They said this is the time to train the young and prepare them for the vicious battle for survival in the next decades to come by providing them with a stable educational foundation.
The measure also requires the inclusion of climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction in the curriculum of all elementary, secondary and collegiate schools to be aware of the importance of ecological conservation and protection to avert climate change.
The bill was filed by Reps. Rufus Rodriguez and Maximo Rodriguez, Jr. of Cagayan de Oro City, Southerrn Philippines.