- Posted June 19, 2014 by
A Beginners Guide To Breastfeeding For First Time Moms
Everybody knows that breastfeeding is the most recommended and advisable way to feed babies, even if they reach the age of two. Some moms, however, will always meet some difficulties and hitches when they try to nurse their newborn babies for the first time. And some of the usual problems or difficulties that they will encounter are:
- The baby won’t latch or suck on their mom’s nipples
- Milk doesn’t immediately or even continuously comes out of the mother’s nipples
- Nursing moms will feel some pain and soreness around their breast areas
There are other problems or difficulties that first time nursing moms will meet or experience. Nursing mothers can however easily find the suitable remedies or solutions and overcome them as long as they properly prepare for all the responsibilities and tasks that comes with being a mom.
Helpful Tips For First Time Nursing Moms
If you are preparing to give birth and you fully intend on breastfeeding your baby, below are some tips you can follow before and after your pregnancy so that you can avoid some of the usual difficulties and problems that accompanies nursing:
1. Know everything you can about breastfeeding your baby. Get your hands on and of course, read every article (or even books) about properly and effectively nursing a baby. Learn about the proper ways to hold a baby when you will be feeding him or her since there are correct and effective techniques for doing this. You also need to know which food, fluids and supplements you have to take in or avoid so that your baby will also get the nutrients he or she needs.
2. In line with tip number 1, when you are already breastfeeding, make sure that you eat the correct and only the most nutritious food and that you drink enough water and other health beverages. Once you start breastfeeding, you will need to increase your daily calorie intake so that you always have enough energy. Increase your consumption of organic, healthy and nutritious food such as fruits, vegetables, milk and yogurts. You also have to lower your intake of caffeine and fish. You need to remember that everything you eat will be taken in by your baby since you are nursing him or her. As such, you need to make sure that you are only eating and drinking nutritious, healthy and safe food and beverages so that your baby will also receive his or her needed daily nutrients.
3. To make the process of breastfeeding your baby convenient and comfortable for both of you, get the proper and suitable clothes. There are stylish breastfeeding tops that you should consider getting that convenient to wear and easy for you to manipulate when you need to feed your baby in your home and even when you’re out in some public areas, like in the mall or at a restaurant.
4. Enjoy and cherish every moment that you breastfeed your baby. You won’t breastfeed your baby forever and once this stops, you will certainly miss it, even if you feel that this is a painful process. You also need to remember that breastfeeding is the best way for both mothers and babies to build and foster that special bond, closeness and attachment that is so important for all parents and children to have and develop.
Get more tips about proper breastfeeding and learn about products that can help you in nursing your baby properly and effectively on this link.