Share this on:
 E-mail
9
VIEWS
0
COMMENTS
 
SHARES
About this iReport
  • Not verified by CNN

  • Click to view rayleque's profile
    Posted June 20, 2014 by
    rayleque
    Location
    United States

    Ray Lequerique: Helper of Humanity

     
    With a net worth of approximately $65 billion, Warren Buffett is widely considered the most successful investor of the 20th century and is one of the world’s wealthiest people. His philanthropic contributions as well as his personal frugality are as notable as his financial success. As chairman of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., Buffett is in the process of donating a majority of his multi-billion dollar fortune to various charitable organizations. A donation of $31 billion will go to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, which is dedicated to improving health and education in nations where poverty is profound. Buffet’s charitable contribution makes history as the largest donation in history.

    “If you’re in the luckiest 1% of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99%,” Buffett once said about his generous contributions.

    Aside from his pledge to the Gates Foundation, Buffet will also be donating one billion dollars to each of his three children’s foundations. These foundations include the Howard G. Buffett Foundation, which supports agricultural and clean-water projects, the NoVo Foundation, which strives to improve the global well-being of young girls and women and the Sherwood Foundation, which supports social-justice and childhood education.

    Ray Lequerique, a licensed yacht broker for 25 years, admires Buffett for both his financial success and the humble lifestyle he pairs with it. Similar to Buffett, Ray Lequerique is an entrepreneur who gives back to the community in his own way. Ray Lequerique actively assists people in many areas of importance in there day to day lives. “Real estate foreclosure prevention” and “Real estate mitigation” for homeowners in distress is one of the programs in which Ray Lequerique dedicates his time with Families in need. Another program Ray Lequerique is focused in assisting people directly with hardship is “repossession prevention” in the marine industry, which includes marine litigation but more often than not ends up in a successful negotiation between the consumer and the lender primarily due to Ray Lequerique expertise in amicably resolving challenging situations. Ray Lequerique not only makes sure in which all his clients receive the highest level of consideration but is also “proud” to be able to successfully help people in this fragile economy and assists them in successfully managing todays challenging financial situations.

    When Ray Lequerique isn’t working, he spends his time coaching and assisting the local high schools with their football and baseball teams. Through his coaching and guidance of young men and desire to make sure in which the future of our society is properly preserved his commitment to the community has resulted in providing a great number of student athletes a variety of scholarships to well recognized and prestigious Universities the same. To mention just a few, University of South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Georgia, Central Florida, Nebraska, Connecticut, Massachusetts,.

    With Ray Lequerique's desire and dedication in assisting these individuals to achieve goals in which they thought were not achievable, they now move on the next chapter in their lives not only better prepared but also with a great deal of confidence take with them and apply to the next challenges in their career.

    Aside from Buffett, Ray Lequerique has a bigger and greater influence and source of inspiration in his life. His Parents! Still alive and blessed with their day to day wisdom. He believes his parents stand for integrity, honor, and a high level of mutual respect, and never shy away from the gratitude of hard work. His commitment and desire to help others is a motivated by the dream and pursuit of having the ability to accomplish his ultimate goal in life. That goal is to leave a legacy in which his family and three children will be proud of and inspire them to one day continue in the legacy he will leave behind. One in which will continue in assisting one another in all of life’s challenges.

    What do you think of this story?

    Select one of the options below. Your feedback will help tell CNN producers what to do with this iReport. If you'd like, you can explain your choice in the comments below.
    Be and editor! Choose an option below:
      Awesome! Put this on TV! Almost! Needs work. This submission violates iReport's community guidelines.

    Comments

    Log in to comment

    iReport welcomes a lively discussion, so comments on iReports are not pre-screened before they post. See the iReport community guidelines for details about content that is not welcome on iReport.

    Add your Story Add your Story