- Posted June 20, 2014 by
Tips To Prepare Your Home For Floor Sanding
If you have wooden floors, you probably take care of and maintain them the usual way: sweeping or vacuuming them, mopping and polishing them. However, there will come a time that regularly doing these cleaning and maintaining chores won’t be enough. Hardwood flooring, like other flooring materials, will lose their natural beauty, shine and lustre over time due to regular wear and tear. In addition, wooden flooring tends to weaken and deteriorate easily as well due to the presence of humidity and moisture in your home. As such, as the years pass, your wooden floors will stop looking appealing and attractive you will either want to have them covered with some carpets or other materials or have them completely replaced.
The good news is you don’t have to necessarily go to these dire measures to give your home a better looking floor. If you’ve grown fond of your current wooden floor, you can give them (and your home) a makeover with the help of experts in floor sanding.
Floor sanding refers to having the surfaces of your wooden floor removed by sanding it with some abrasive materials and the use of some specialized machines. After the old surfaces have been removed, the floor will then be coated with some materials or chemicals such as oil. The whole process will then give your wooden floor a smoother, more even, natural and polished look: the look that you want and had before, when you first had your home.
This home improvement technique is usually done by professionals since there are specialized equipment and chemicals used and involved in the whole process.
Before the arrival of the hired professional sander, Eastern Suburbs property owners who have knowledge and experience with this procedure recommend that you follow the tips below so that the whole process goes smoothly and relatively faster:
• Remove the furniture and appliances on the floor that needs to be sanded or ask help from other members in your family to do this.
• You also need to remove the curtains and all furniture have to be covered as well since dusts will fly around during the sanding process.
• Completely cover or store food items properly so that they don’t absorb any vapour from the harmful chemicals to be used in this procedure.
• Make sure to inform the sanders about electrical wirings under the flooring that they need to know and be careful about.
• If you or other members of the family have asthma or have some respiratory illnesses, it would be best if you and these other persons stay away from your house during the whole process.
Floor sanding may seem like a complicated task but at the end, you will have better and more beautiful looking wooden floors and your whole house will become attractive again and even comfier to live in.