Share this on:
 E-mail
24
VIEWS
0
COMMENTS
 
SHARES
About this iReport
  • Not vetted for CNN

  • Click to view geoffrey17's profile
    Posted June 21, 2014 by
    geoffrey17
    Location
    kano, Nigeria
    Assignment
    Assignment
    This iReport is part of an assignment:
    #BringBackOurGirls

    More from geoffrey17

    INSECURITY: Boko Haram Invades Two Villages Around Chibok, Kill Many.

     
    An unspecified number of people have been killed in two villages around Chibok, Borno state as Boko Haram continued its killing spree of villagers and vigilantes in the early hours of this morning.

    According to report from Sahara Reporters, the insurgents who were clad in military uniforms, stormed the village of Kwaranglum as early as 7a.m., in a convoy of sport utility and military vehicles. They started burning houses, shooting and killing many.

    Several of the villagers who escaped into the bush were said to have been chased with motorbikes by the militants and shot dead.

    An eyewitness who pleaded anonymity told Reuters in a telephone interview that the terrorists shouted "Allahu Akbar" (God is greatest) before opening fire and killing innocent villagers.

    The witness added, "two of their leaders were giving orders that they should shoot anyone on sight ... I crawled into the nearby bush and fled from there."

    A councilor in Chibok, Samuel Gali, said after the insurgents finished killing and injuring several villagers in Kwaranglum, they moved to another nearby village of Ntsiha to continue their attack, adding that the insurgents did not leave until midday.

    As the two villages which are about 14 kilometers from Chibok town were under attack, security agents were nowhere to be found around the area.

    Several of the injured persons were taken to Chibok General hospital where some have already died of gunshot wounds.

    The residents of Chibok are said to be in fear over the attacks which happened close to their town as they had recently been threatened by Boko Haram that they would be attacked again.

    Boko Haram had earlier attacked Chibok town on April 14, during which they abducted over 200 girls from their boarding school. The girls are yet to be found by the government who has been offered help by some foreign countries like the United states, U.K., France and many others both financially and otherwise.

    The presidential fact-finding committee set up by Jonathan on the abduction of the girls, yesterday submitted their report in Abuja, saying 219 girls were still missing.

    Leave a Comment
    by Geoffrey Oguguo

    What do you think of this story?

    Select one of the options below. Your feedback will help tell CNN producers what to do with this iReport. If you'd like, you can explain your choice in the comments below.
    Be and editor! Choose an option below:
      Awesome! Put this on TV! Almost! Needs work. This submission violates iReport's community guidelines.

    Comments

    Log in to comment

    iReport welcomes a lively discussion, so comments on iReports are not pre-screened before they post. See the iReport community guidelines for details about content that is not welcome on iReport.

    Add your Story Add your Story