- Posted June 23, 2014 by
- Musharraf treason case: Names of judges who took Nov 3 oath given to court - See more at: http://www.saach.tv/2014/07/08/musharraf-treason-case-names-of-judges-who-took-nov-3-oath-given-to-courtmush-treason-names-of-judges-who-took-nov-3-oath-given-to-cou
- Give your story a titleKayani feared religious right’s backlash against him: Athar Abbas
- N League Supporter - Justice Nasir-ul-Mulk takes oath as new chief justice of Pakistan
- 'PPP to resist Qadri's movement against democracy'
- Qadri's APC demands Shahbaz Sharif's resignation
Qadri lands in Lahore, refuses to disembark
However, Dr Qadri has refused to disembark from the plane.
Earlier, there were reports that the plane has landed at Benazir Bhutto International Airport, but the information issued by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) proved to be wrong.
The plane kept on encircling the Islamabad airport for landing but the CAA denied landing permission.
Federal Interior Ministry says the flight was diverted to Lahore owing to security concerns in Islamabad and Rawalpindi. The twin cities were practically sealed by the authorities.
Upon receiving news about the flight, PAT workers at Islamabad went on rampage. Baton-yielding activists vandalized several vehicles parked outside the airport and clashed with riot policemen.
Dozens of policemen have been reported injured in standoff with PAT workers who were baton-charged and tear-gassed outside Islamabad airport where they had gathered to greet their leader.
The anti-Taliban fiery preacher had announced to come back home to kick off campaign against what he called government’s corruption.
Qadri, who sought army security on his arrival at Islamabad airport, had warned the government time and again against any crackdown on his party workers, but despite it, hundreds of his workers were arrested across Punjab.
Various political parties, including MQM, PML-Q, APML and AML announced to support him in the anti-PML-N government campaign. - SAMAA