- Posted June 23, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Breaking news: Share your story
- Musharraf treason case: Names of judges who took Nov 3 oath given to court - See more at: http://www.saach.tv/2014/07/08/musharraf-treason-case-names-of-judges-who-took-nov-3-oath-given-to-courtmush-treason-names-of-judges-who-took-nov-3-oath-given-to-cou
- Give your story a titleKayani feared religious right’s backlash against him: Athar Abbas
- N League Supporter - Justice Nasir-ul-Mulk takes oath as new chief justice of Pakistan
- 'PPP to resist Qadri's movement against democracy'
- Qadri's APC demands Shahbaz Sharif's resignation
Live: Tahirul Qadri lands in Lahore
His arrival, announced earlier this month has played out as an open challenge to the PML-N led government. With tensions running high, at least seven people, including two women,were killed in a violent clash between PAT supporters and police personnel in Lahore's Model Town last week.
The government has stepped up its action imposing Section 144 in Rawalpindi prohibiting the gathering of more than four persons at a place and blocked all routes to and from Islamabad airport, even as PAT supporters hold protests in support of Dr Qadri in various cities.
Follow our live updates below to stay abreast of the situation as it develops.