- Posted June 23, 2014 by
Cornelius, North Carolina
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Travel photo of the day
- Ladies, How Can We Empower More Women To Join The Backpacking Scene?
- National Geographic names Jocassee Gorges one of "50 of the World’s Last Great Places", and for good reason.
- Is It True? Tropical Lake Located In The Southern Mountains?!
- Appalachian Trail You Win And I QUIT!
- Is Fear Of Failure Keeping You Caged?
Mcafee Knob Off The Appalachian Trial
This is one of the most photographed spots along the famous Appalachian trials footpath. The Knob has an almost 270 degree panorama of the Catawba Valley and North Mountain to the west, Tinker Cliffs to the north and the Roanoke Valley to the east.