- Posted June 23, 2014 by
Team iReport featured this story
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Vintage theme parks
- Ladies, How Can We Empower More Women To Join The Backpacking Scene?
- National Geographic names Jocassee Gorges one of "50 of the World’s Last Great Places", and for good reason.
- Is It True? Tropical Lake Located In The Southern Mountains?!
- Appalachian Trail You Win And I QUIT!
- Is Fear Of Failure Keeping You Caged?
"Land Of Oz" 1970's forgotten theme park
- hhanks, CNN iReport producer
Another stop on our travels; "Land Of Oz" 1970's abandoned theme park that was built 1970 and shut down 1980. It's 5,000 feet above sea level in the higest town on the east coast, Banner Elk. It now only opens once a year in October for a fall festival. We were lucky to sneak in and get some cool shots. The ride up this mountain is "magical" in itself. Truly the perfect setting for a magical forest. Very cool experience. Very sureal place, and mountain.