- Posted June 25, 2014 by
- Ethiopia made up in Western political arena with fake name and maps-Part I
- ONLF - the Only Somali Organization Free of Ethiopian Control By Ahmed Abdi
- Ethiopia on both corners of the Ball: Western Ally Versus Extremist Partner by @MohamudFarah
- Abdirashid Dulane Rafle: a typical sycophant – By Abdikani Hassan
- Globalization of Somali Music-Aar Maanta Talks With Africa Day With Arise TV's Juliette Foster
Ethiopian Security Forces Arrest Dozens of Civilians in Degahbur
Ethiopian Security Forces arrested dozens of civilians in Dehehbur, about 135 kilometers southeast of the regional Capital city of Jigjiga on Wednesday, following after ONLF insurgency killed 10 Ethiopian Security forces and regional administrators on Monday. Local sources said that the Ethiopian-appointed regional President Abdi Mohamoud Omar better known as Abdi Iley ordered the arrest and killing of anyone suspected of aiding ONLF in part of security swoop.
Abdi Iley reappointed infamous Omar Gamble as the Police commissioner immediately after the administration had been sustained heavy assaults by the ONLF in a bid to strike the town residents with an iron fist.
“I have seen at least 50 people that the security forces arrested and loaded on pickup trucks,” said an eyewitness who asked not to be identified.
The source added that 20 civilians that have been transferred to Guna’gado another town near Degehbur, went missing since yesterday and their fate remains unknown.’
ONLF has been fighting against Ethiopian regimes since 1984 and wants its oil and gas-rich Ogaden region to gain full Independence from Ethiopian highlanders. Peace-talk between ONLF and Ethiopia stalled in Oct 17,2012 ,after the ONLF refused to accept Ethiopian constitution which it says it says the Ethiopian constitution does not concern the Somalis in Ogaden.