- Posted June 25, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Phl assures shelter for 'Yolanda' survivors
“We already coordinated with your mayor, Elmer Codilla, for the execution of Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) that will allow you to procure directly from local suppliers here, through your local government unit (LGU), the materials needed for repair like galvanized iron sheets, nails and saws for the reconstruction of your partially and totally damaged houses,” Secretary Corazon Soliman told the residents.
Soliman made the assurance during an open forum attended by residents, together with Mayor Codilla, his vice mayor and other municipal officials, village leaders and visiting representatives of government agencies, the World Bank (WB), the Asian Development Bank (ADB) and media people observing how the program is being implemented in the province.
Soliman said she will direct DSWD VIII Regional Director Restituto Macuto to prepare the MOU signing to facilitate the immediate provision of shelter assistance for the poor "Yolanda" survivors whose damaged houses were recorded in the disaster access family cards in DSWD’s database.
“Those with partially damaged houses can avail of as much as P10,000 worth of reconstruction materials while those with totally damaged houses are entitled to P30,000 worth of rebuilding materials which they can buy directly from the available suppliers in Leyte and account them to DSWD,” she said.
About P43.9 billion has been allocated for the program which will be implemented until 2019.
It is funded by the joint allocation from the national government, the World Bank (WB) and the Asian Development Bank (ADB).