- Posted June 26, 2014 by
- Dutch man (age 93) dies of grief after death daughter
- Netherlands responsible for deportation 300 men of Srebrenica
- Penalty discussion hits Netherlands
- Discussion about a dutch december tradition - UN advice: rethink Zwarte Piet figure
- Mexicans angry about klm tweet after Orange winning soccer match
Dutch suspect in case Amanda Todd to court Amsterdam today
C. 's case gained notoriety by Canadian teen Amanda Todd. The 15-year-old girl from Vancouver committed suicide in October 2012. The extortion of C. would have driven it thereto. A month before her death, Todd put a video on YouTube in which she explained was doing its vicissitudes. The video has been viewed millions of times.
According to C. 's attorney, Christian van Dijk, there are so far, including Amanda Todd, identified eight potential victims. The investigation of victims who are behind usernames are still continuing, said the lawyer today. The exact number of casualties is not yet known. According to Van Dijk "Justice has dozens." The victims would except from the Netherlands come from the United States, Canada, England and Norway.
Aydin C. would have been working for years: the charge covers the period from January 2008 until the day of C. 's arrest, January 13 this year. The police picked him up in a cottage on a holiday in Oisterwijk.