- Posted June 30, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Philippine senator declines to enter plea
Meanwhile, businesswoman Janet Napoles pleaded not guilty, duplicating what she had done when she was first arraigned with Senator Bong Revilla last week.
It was the court who entered a not guilty plea on behalf of the lawmaker.
"I respectfully refuse to enter a plea, your honor," Estrada told the court as he explained that they still have two pending motions to be resolved.
These include his motion to stop the Sandiganbayan from hearing his plunder and graft cases which was filed June 24 before the Supreme Court and to invalidate the arrest warrant issued against him.
Lead counsel Jose Flaminiano told reporters in a chance interview that they instructed their client not to enter any plea because they still have pending motions before the 5th Division chaired by Associate Justice Roland Jurado.
Aside from Estrada and Napoles, their other co-accused in said plunder case include John Raymund de Asis and his appointment secretary Pauline Labayen.