- Posted June 29, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
World Cup 2014
- World Premiere of the Canal Catwalk by Night
- Youngest Formula One driver Max Verstappen age 16 makes Formula One debut at VKV City Racing Rotterdam 31th August
- Dutch Kinq Willem Alexander and Queen Maxima pays repect by singin the register
- Pressconference MH17 by Minister of Security and Justice Mr. Ivo Opstelten The Netherlands
- UPDATE 198 dutch caussulties MH17 4 people not identify by nationality
The Netherlands reaches World Cup quarterfinals with dramatic 2-1 victory over Mexico in Fortaleza
Trailing to Giovani Dos Santos' 48th-minute effort, the Dutch appeared to be heading out of the tournament with just minutes of normal time remaining.
But Wesley Sneijder dragged his side level with a goal that appeared to have left Mexico decimated and, with the game entering six minutes of stoppage time, the Netherlands grabbed the winner.
Arjen Robben, a constant threat all afternoon, was brought down inside the penalty area by Mexico captain Rafael Marquez.
It was left to substitute Klaas-Jan Huntelaar to take the kick -- coolly firing the ball past Guillermo Ochoa into the corner.
The Dutch will now face either Costa Rica or Greece for a place in the semifinals.