- Posted June 30, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Philippine Congress to ratify Moro law
In a press briefing, Presidential Spokesperson Edwin Lacierda expressed confidence that Congress will enact the bill into law.
“We have always stated that the President will submit the Bangsamoro Basic bill after the SONA. The President will certify it as urgent and we are confident that the Bangsamoro Basic Bill, while it will go through the legislative process, will become a law,” said Lacierda.
The Office of the President received the draft of the Bangsamoro Basic Law (BBL) from the Bangsamoro Transition Committee last May, and the President’s legal team and the Office of the Chief Presidential Legal Counsel have been studying it since.
Lacierda reiterated that the draft of the Bangsamoro Basic Law was made within the framework of the Constitution and is thus constitutional.
“We believe that what will be filed in Congress will be constitutional,” Lacierda noted.