- Posted June 30, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Phl: Without CARPER land distribution continues
“Land distribution will continue. So the end of CARPER does not mean the end of land distribution. We are in the process of distributing lands based on those properties, based on those land holdings that have been issued Notices of Coverage (NOC),” Presidential Spokesman Edwin Lacierda told a press briefing.
Lacierda said Agrarian Reform Secretary Virgilio de los Reyes is committed to pursuing and to issuing the NOC.
“Today is the last day of issuance of Notice of Coverage. Yes, there have been significant improvements on the amount of land holdings being covered by CARP,” he said.
An NOC initiates the compulsory acquisition and distribution of private agricultural lands, one of the modes of distribution under the CARPER.
“We are now going through landholdings which are owned by private individuals na talagang there will expectedly be resistance,” he added.
The expired land acquisition and distribution (LAD) component of the CARPER was in pursuant to Republic Act No. 6657, otherwise known as the Comprehensive Agrarian Reform Law.