- Posted June 30, 2014 by
Brooklyn, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Tell us the Good Stuff!
- Glen Cove Hospital in the city where I live is preparing a state of art center for Ebola Treatment..
- Community Garden in Coney Island raises H--- at Halloween!
- Chocolate Coffin Anyone? For Halloween?
- "It's Your Holiday!" The story of Midnite and Chirpee Girl..
- Need a haircut? This is the guy to go to..He Kutz Wit Skillz!
Cutie Pie Pirate girl in Subway station at Coney Island..
Lola, Dianna Carlin, a native of Detroit who fell in love with Coney and decided to make it her home did a lot for the landmark destination. She stood up to the bigwigs during and after Sandy and was able to secure herself a slot in the subway and also on the boardwalk, set some standards and keep things flowing.
But that is not the best of the story. Not only does she hire cute girls to work in her shops she is also an animal rights activist who rescues stray Brooklyn dogs, that wander into Coney, and tries to find them homes.
When my cat Tolstoy died Lola had some good things to say to get me through.
The last three pictures are of Lola, her main squeeze dog Shimmer and her boardwalk location.
You can visit her boutiques at the Stillwell subway and also on the boardwalk . She has very great one of kind stuff.. She makes a lot of her own designs and I have some of her screen printed thermals.
June 30, 2014.
Photos by Linda Glovach.