- Posted July 3, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Crackdown vs rice hoarders in Phl ordered
Pangilinan, who arrived at around 2 p.m. Thursday at the Jomarro Star Rice Mill in Abangan Sur Village in Marilao, Bulacan Province, was briefed by Bulacan Philippine National Police-Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (PNP-CIDG) Team provincial officer Chief Inspector Reynaldo Magdaluyo that the owners of Jomarro Star Rice Mill and warehouse managed to elude arrest but they were able to nab a certain Juan San Luis, who was allegedly the rice mill manager and 20 workers switching the NFA well milled rice to sacks of commercial rice.
Magdaluyo said at least 5,000 sacks (50 kilos each) of NFA rice are being brought and switched inside the rice mill warehouse daily.
When computed the daily earnings of the rice miller could reached at least P6.7 million a day.
A kilo of NFA well milled rice commands a market price of P25 to P27 and when switched to sack of commercial rice it will be sold much higher to P47 up to P50 per kilo.
Pangilinan has already instructed the Bulacan PNP-CIDG Team and the Marilao police to padlock the rice mill.