- Posted July 3, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Phl official: No politics in bottom-up budgeting
Presidential Communications Operations Office Secretary Herminio Coloma, Jr. on Thursday said the basis for the scheme is the Philippine Development Plan, which gives priority to poverty eradication and the achievement of inclusive growth.
Coloma was addressing concerns aired by University of the Philippines Professor Leonor Briones and former budget secretary Benjamin Diokno that the scheme, which focuses on anti-poverty projects being carried out by local government units (LGUs) currently under the supervision of Interior and Local Government Secretary Manuel Roxas, might be used to groom the administration’s candidate for the presidential election in 2016.
According to Coloma, bottom-up budgeting began during the term of the late interior and local government secretary Jesse Robredo.